Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Review: Megadeth - Super Collider

And we're back to regularly scheduled updates! As long as my laptop doesn't die on me again. Not that anyone reads this anyways... After a break, I take time to reintegrate everything into my life. So guitar, games, and writing all took a backseat while I got everything sorted out and got used to school life again. But now I'm back, and I'm writing reviews and other random crap, all for the vague entertainment of my non-existent readers.

I figured the best place to start would be Super Collider by Megadeth, then Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, and finally move into reviewing something that was released during the week, which is perfect because everything releases on Tuesdays for some unexplored reason. And start being consistent with my fucking formatting. I mean, if you're one of the 50-odd people that actually read my top 10 list, you would've seen that some bands were italicized, others weren't, etc.

Anyways, no more updates, time for some relentless bashing!

I'm just going to put this out there, I don't know much Megadeth. I have Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction, and I love playing a handful of their songs because they're fast and technical or great heavy metal tunes, but I'm just not hugely familiar with their material. I know they went through a band equivalent of puberty, which mostly worked, but Dave had his midlife crisis and went full retard (read: creationist). But I usually don't care about the person unless the music is good. Unless that person's name is Kerry King, in which case fuck that twat.

This album is most forgettably boring. Yeah, there's the occasional good song like "Kingmaker", but that's only really in comparison to the rest of it. The whole thing is just a boring slog of pointless crap, like going through a swap in nothing but your sneakers and jeans. Then you get to the last couple of songs and the swap turns into an actual shit lake and you fall over every couple of steps. "Burn!" and "Forget to Remember" made me want to gouge my eardrums with a toothpick, they physically hurt to listen to.

And Dave, stop singing. Please. Do the world a favour and just stop singing. It's not good for you, and it's even worse for us.

Goddamn, that break sucked the funny out of me. That's all this one is going to be, there's just not much I can say about something so painfully average.

No comments:

Post a Comment